Saturday, December 19, 2020

This blog, I needed to plunge into the Mac side arrangement for Amp. I as of late needed to set up arrangement for a customer with primarily Windows customers. However, as most conditions, a few clients use Mac and permit clients to VPN from home gadgets, we had seen an ever increasing number of Macs associating. We chose to empower the AMPEnabler module for AnyConnect to ensure that clients are on secured machines regardless of what OS they utilized cisco unified.

Windows side arrangement abandoned a hitch and we facilitated the connector document for AMP on a Windows IIS worker that was as yet being used and had substantial certs on it. The issue started when I was attempting to have the Mac connector on a similar worker. Web workers are not in my range of abilities as a Network Engineer, yet I didn't figure it would be an issue to simply toss a few documents on it and point the ASA to that area. In this way, I transferred the .dmg document to the worker and afterward shut my association thinking it was completely done. Cheerful occasions by all, task was finished and now to point the ASA to the document. 

Indeed, that didn't keep going long… as I enter the record area in the ASA for the connector, I continued getting invalid when attempting to test. Presently like some other designer out there, I went to the general investigating guide… I Google it. I couldn't discover any data with respect to why it was not approving. I begin to chase for what I am absent. I start with ensuring that the document is genuinely reachable and not simply the ASA giving me a mistake. I utilize my program to explore to the record, and that outcomes in a mistake on the web worker. Bingo! It should be something with the document or worker. 

Once more, I am not a worker administrator, nor do I have a lot of involvement with IIS. I return to the web worker and check whether anything sticks out. I see that the record is still there in the correct envelope, yet it isn't reachable like the other document for windows. Taking a gander at the itemized see I see that it doesn't perceive that document type. I chose to explore this more and discover that this could be the issue. 

To fix this, 

Open the Internet Information Services (IIS ) Manager 

Right snap on the worker and select properties 

A. Snap the MIME Types button 

AMP for Endpoints: Hosting Mac Connector 

B. Snap the New catch 

C. Enter dmg in the Extension field 

D. Enter application/octet-stream in the MIME type field 

AMP for Endpoints: Hosting Mac Connector 

E. Snap Ok 

These basic advances were everything necessary for me to have the Mac connector record (on a Windows IIS worker) required for the AMPEnabler module of AnyConnect to get the profile required. Ideally, this aides anyone that was in my boat and saves bunches of time investigating something that was that straightforward. Likewise another note for Macs, there are a few stages the client should perform before AMP is permitted to check for malware:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aruba Introduces Wi-Fi 6 for Small Businesses

Wi-Fi 6 wireless network provides rich capabilities and security for customers of customer services, as well as increases the efficiency of ...